NAV BAR

HOMEPHOTOSABOUT

Monday, March 28, 2011

Dining on my words, Round 1

Vitaly Petrov showed me up.    Two solid drives in a row without going off . . . good for him.

Truly enjoyed the Melbourne race.    Found the early battle between Massa and Button an extended wheel to wheel contest worthy of the highlight reel.  

Vettel's pace was frightening.      It's too early to tell whether Red Bull are going to run away with everything this year, but he certainly seemed well out of reach.  

Alonso and his Ferrari were quick.    He somewhat recovered from a first corner that went awry, and managed to stay close to the front despite a zillion pit stops.    Both of the Ferraris appeared to lack grip and I can't help but wonder if Ferrari are going to have a lot of trouble with tire temperatures this season.

Several disappointments . . . Massa . . . Schumacher (I really expected more) . . . Heidfeld (is making me choke on my words) . . . and finally Webber, who I really wanted to see win what might be his last home race.  

Not sure what to make of Barrichello's weekend other than suggest it was a disaster.      Unfortunate to see HRT disqualified but I support the 107% rule.     Doubly sad to learn that Sauber were also disqualified, but I guess the rules are the rules.

Highlights must center on the Sauber duo . . . with rookie Sergio Perez setting the fastest lap in his very first Grand Prix.     He also managed to use his tires so well that his only stop was for the obligatory compound swap.   Amazing.    McLaren also looked very strong.    I think from now on I will stop paying any attention to pre-season testing analysis.

Cheers

4 comments:

  1. Pre-season testing is like talking to a producer about a show before it starts and then talking to that same producer on location.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the comments, and you are right, what might have been for Kubica?
    For me the Park is one of my favorites of the season so I was delighted to see such a close racing, whether the tires or the pit stops or the vertical blinds on the rear wing, I enjoyed the start of the season and i am also looking forward to more promises.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By year's end, I'll compile all of my kooky comments and make Flat-12 screensaver for download LOL

    ReplyDelete